Monday, November 26, 2012

I am Thankful for MUSIC

Hi Everyone,

Today I am thankful for music especially Country Music. I know a lot of you say Why Country Music? Its so sad and depressing. I love the heart of Country Music. I love the artists and I love relating to songs! I grow up listening to Country Music. When I was a little girl I would grab a hair brush and pretend it was a microphone and sing my heart out to George Strait, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Lonestar, and even Reba(my reba story will be a different day:)). Now a days though, Country Music is beginning to sound more Pop, which makes me sad because I love the good ole Country Music like Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Porter Wagner, Kitty Wells, and so on. But I guess that is the world we live in now. Always changing!

I went through the boy band stage too. I believe it was 4th grade when I left country music and was in love with N*SYNC and Backstreet boys. I also loved 98*. They were the best back them. I still like to listen to their music now and then but I really am a country girl at heart. The boy band stage only lasted a few years! I guess you cant take the Country out of the girl.


My freshman year of high school, my grandparents took me to Nashville for my spring break. They told me that it would be an experience of a lifetime. They were right! We went to all the hot spots. The Ryman Auditorium, The Country Music Hall of Fame, Opryland Hotel, and so much more. We also attended the Grand Ole Opry where I got to see stars like Porter Wagner, Little Jimmy Dickens, and Trace Adkins. Lets just just say that week was one of the best weeks in the world! I cant wait to go again someday!
This picture is a clip from GIRLS NIGHT OUT. I DONT OWN THIS PICTURE.
COPYRIGHTS GO TO WHOMEVER TOOK IT.
PICTURED L-R Jennifer Nettles of Sugar land, Miranda Lambert, Reba, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, and Naomi and Wynonna Judd. All heroes of mine! <3 

I began to attend Concerts starting with my first real concert, Shania Twain in 2004. When I go to a concert, it like I am in a world of mine own. I focus on everything. I love how everything works at a concert. From the song choices to the layout of the stage. I have attended alot of concerts since then. Martina McBride(5 times), Reba McEntire(10 Times), Lady Antebellum, Kellie Pickler, Little Big Town, Rascel Flatts to just name a few.  My mom and her friend Robin took me on a Cruise my senior year of high school for spring break and on the criuse ship, I got me meet an amazing Country artist by the name of Mickey Utley. He was so sweet and kind to me. We have keep in touch too which makes it amazing. 
This Julie Roberts. She is a hero of mine and a great friend. She
Shows me hope and faith and that dreams can come true!

Since I started using Twitter and sometimes Facebook my love of Country stars has grown. Through Twitter I have become friend with Julie Roberts. One of her famous songs is "Break Down Here". When her first CD came out I got it and fell in love with her emotion in her songs. She is one of those singers that can touch your soul. I never in my wildest dreams would think she would ever Tweet me back but I am thankful she does. She is one of the sweetest people I know. Every tweet I get from her gives me hope! I just hope I am lucky enough to meet her someday and tell her how much she saves my life! I also have gotten to know a few other up and coming country stars like Mallary Hope, Cody Wolfe Band, and a few more. They all have their unquie styles and such and it amazes me of their talent.

So today I am thankful for Country Music. My dream is to one day be able to work in the Country Music Field because it is what I am passionate about. I want to meet as many country artists as possible. They all inspire me to have faith, hope, and to express myself! Music is what makes the world a better place to live :)

Thank you for reading! TTFN,  DREAM GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment