Monday, October 22, 2012

Im Gonna Love You Through It

I know its been a while since I have blogged but I have been trying to keep busy. Let me thank you for taking the time to read this and making me feel so loved with all the support for this blog!

This weekend has been one for the record books for this whole change thing sorta. On Saturday I went out the the lake house to clean my newer car out. Hopefully can get that running soon so I can get to driving it. As I was cleaning it out, my cousin Ashley called and wanted to know if I could babysit for a few hours. I agreed because she needs the help and I need the money too. Also I love it! I finished what I was doing and then headed to her house. The three hours were a challenge but I handed it. They got back and wanted to know if I wanted to play the wii and eat pizza. I agreed. Lets just say that was the most fun I have had in a long time. We played Mario for about four hours laughing and having a blast all night long. I was the Winner at the end!   

Sunday was a very different day but fun for me. I got up and dressed. I had plans of going to Holt with a friend of mine to be involved in a video shoot for anti-bullying that her daughter was doing. If you know me this would be something I would try to avoid due to what I call my shyness. Well I wanted to get out of town for the day and hang with my second family and get to see one of my best friends/"sisters". All the night before I was praying to have a little one on one time with my "sister". (Never wanted it the way it came though) The nerves hit right away as I got up. I got in the shower and dressed. I had put Reba on to calm my nerves. 

I waited for my friend to show up and we headed to Holt. I was excited and nerves at the same time. We arrived at the park that the video was to be held. It was so beautiful. We got to shooting some of the video. Then all of a sudden my friend sat down and looked like she didn't feel good. We moved to another part of the park and to finish the shooting.. My friend sat where we started out.  A few mins later my "sister" came over and asked if she could borrow my chair. I thought yes of course thinking she was going to get my friend/ her mom and bring her to where we were. We finished shooting but all the time I was thinking I hope she is OK  We finished up and waited for my chair to come back. When I got it back we went back to where we shot the first footage. I saw an ambulance and my heart dropped and I began to be scared alittle but I kept my emotions in because I knew at that instance I needed to be there for my "sister". She asked me if I wanted to go back to her house with her husband and son or with her to the hospital with to be with her mom/my friend. I knew instantly I wanted to be there for her and my friend, there was no doubt about that one. 

We headed the ER. As we headed to the ER, my sister and I talked. It was like having a conversation that I had never really had growing up. It is nice to have friends like that. At the ER, we found her mom/my friend. They were hooking her up to all kind of heart monitors and such like they do. We sat there keeping each other company while they figure out what was going on. Even under the circumtances, we keep the atmosphere laughable. I hadnt laugh in a hospital really before. All the time they were trying to figure out how to get me home I was thinking that I didnt want to go home till we figure out what was going on because I know that I wouldnt want to be alone if it was my mom in there.  Also nothing was more important then being there for them. We were there for a few hours while they did test and such. Come to find out that my friend was dehydrated and some other issues came up that needs prayers but its all ok and they released her. They gave my friend the all clear but to follow up with her doctor at home and to watch herself more. We left my sister in the parking lot because her husband was going to come get her. 

As I gave her a hug though, it was like I had  a million things I wanted to tell my "sister" before we left. Its amazing how one person can help you so much in such a short period. We had only met this past summer but she and her family have helped me realize so much like there are people out there that love you for who you are not for what you do. I cant tell her how much she basically has saved my life. I know we live far from each other and such but she is forever in my thoughts and prayers every second of the day. I text her everyday to make sure she is OK. that is what friends do, be there for each other. I only hope she and my friend know how much I love them and thank God everyday they came into my life! <3  

People asked me all the time why I text, Facebook, Tweet, and such a person so much. I do that because no one is promised tomorrow or the next hour of life. I want them to know I love them and appreciate them because isnt that what we are here for to love one another. So here is my advice to everyone.. TEXT,CALL, FACBOOK, TWEET, GO SEE, WRITE LETTERS, or whatever to your love ones (family, friends, friends that are like family) everyday, twice, three times, every three hours a day! It doesnt matter how you might think that you might be bugging them or nagging them, they might actually need to hear it! 




  1. It was nice having two daughters in the ER with me last night. I appreciated you being there so that Jamie didn't fall apart. She was close.
    I am better today and have a doctors appointment at 2pm. I promise a full report when I'm done.
    Furnace people are here. Old furnace is out in the driveway as they make way for the new one.
    I have eaten breakfast...oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon. I have a cup of cinnamon tea. I'm not sure what lunch will be. Dinner will be beef stew.
    Many are checking in on me. I love you too. I'm glad you were there. Making sure you got home safe kept me alert on the drive. Knowing I had to text you when I got home kept me alert so I could do that. See you save lives, too.

  2. You made me cry. But I still love you.