Tuesday, October 9, 2012

God Bless the Broken Road

Hi Everyone,
This past Saturday I celebrated my 23rd birthday. This birthday I thought was going to be like any other birthday. I wished all my birthday wishes and others up to the sky and had hoped that they would all come true. There were three main wishes this year.. 1. For Jenna Jones to recieve enough money to go to LA for the IMTA convention 2. To get a Ms.Coe hug and chat with her about things happening and make sure she is doing ok  3. to see Keith Allen. Well, Two out of these three wishes came true.. Jenna received enough money to save her spot for IMTA Convention and Ms.Coe came home to get thing organized. Not giving up on the last one or any of my other wishes! You may asked why I wished these wishes, is a hard thing to explain but they are close to my heart!

Well my birthday celebration started out on Friday, I was home cleaning and sorting through a lot of things and just kinda bumming around the house till my mom got out of work at four.. Well about 1:00pm, there was a knock on the door. A lady from Rose City Greenhouse was there holding the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I have ever seen. I opened the card and they were from two of the sweetest people I have ever met... Ms. Rebecka Vigus and her daughter/my sister Jamie Kline. These two people have changed my life for the better in so many ways. What they dont know is that I havent recieved flowers for a very long time and it meant so much to me! I love them both and thank them from the bottom of my heart! Also on Friday I got to go out to Big Boy and celebrate with Ms.Vigus, which was a blast. I got sung "Happy Birthday" to and had the most delicious dessert I have had in a while!
My Birthday Flowers from Jamie and Ms.Vigus! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!


My mom asked me if I wanted to go out to the movies and lunch on my birthday (Saturday). I told her that sounded like fun. So I woke up excited to spend the day with my mom. I didnt think really anything of it. I had made plans with Ms.Coe to see her on Sunday due to my mom and I already made plans and I didnt want to miss her due to seeing her was one of my wishes!

I got out to the lake house a little late but that was ok. I got out there and my parents handed me a card.. On the front was a bunch of bands.. (A few weeks ago I had helped my mom and her friend Katie pick out tickets for Katie's daughter Brooke for her bday because she loved Little Big Town. I really didnt think anything of it. I thought that would be cool to see them because I have never been to a concert on my birthday but didnt think I was really going.. ) Back to the card my parents handed me.. Inside it read " I really hope you didnt want to go to the movies and lunch because we are meeting up with Katie and Brook".. Seriously!!! I was speechless.. I was like in seventh heaven!

We left and went to Katie house and switched over to her van. The ride was long but it was ok. On the way to Grand Rapids though. My phone went off , I looked at it and it read "Mrs. Green Cell". I answered it. She wished me happy birthday and said Guess where I am? I was like "Where?". She told me that she was in Rose City and would be for a couple of days! I couldnt believe it. I caught a few tears rolling down my cheek. How could this day get any better. I recieved flowers, cards, and FB messages, Ms.Coe was home, I was going to see Rascel Flatts in Concert, and now Mrs.Green was in MI!!! I got off the phone and was in the best mood Ive ever been in.

We got to Grand Rapids and went to Ruby Tuesday's to eat. Very good food. Alittle on the expensive side
though. We had a little time to kill before the concert so we went to Target. That was a blast. We went down the Halloween aisle and tried on masks, hats, and such.

We got to Van Andel Arena and found where we would have to go to find seats. We went to the merchandise booth next. I looked at all the things. I brought money to get a shirt and things. I got a shirt with Rascal Flatts on it, an Eden's Edge picture, Little Big Town Picture, and a Rascal Flatts picture. They didnt have an Eli Young Band one or I would have gotten one. We then went to our seats. Eden's Edge came out on stage. I had seen them with Reba the last time I had went to see her. They sang their number one hit "Amen" and a bunch of others. Then Eli Young Band came out and did their set. I love their song " Crazy Girl". Little Big Town came out. They were also amazing as ever. I have also seen them once a few years ago with Martina McBride but they weren't as big as they are now. Brooke and Katie's favorite song is Pontoon. I love "Boondocks, Bring It On Home".  Then for the main event Rascal Flatts! They came on stage and were amazing as ever! They had these light things that were amazing and unique. They sang so many of my favorite songs. Some of my favorite are Mayberry, I Wont Let Go, Life is a Highway, and my ultimate favorite is Stand. Sitting there listening to them sing made me realize that I have a long way to go in figuring out who I am and where I am going in life but that my dreams matter and not to let them fade away. The concert got done about 11:00pm. We headed home. We did have a little adventure on the way home though. We got about 1 hour away and hit a deer. It damaged the front of Katie's van real bad. It took us a while to get home after that. I came home and slept.. Check my facebook and saw I had over 70 wishes which made my day end perfectly!



On Sunday I got up and ran to Walmart because I needed a phone card for my phone and I wanted to get it before Mrs.Green called. I made that Walmart stop so fast. I got back home and my phone decided to deactivated. I hurried and ran to the lake house and I called Mrs.Green off my dad's phone. She came and got me from the lake house. I was really super happy to see her. It made my birthday a whole bunch better. We went to Sunrise for lunch. We chatted about everything happening with me and all the stuff happening with her too. It was so nice to relax and have fun with a true friend. It has been really cool to get to see her so much more this year! I love her so much. She has helped me so much all these years! She dropped me back off at the lake house. I was such in a amazing mood. I came home and took an hour or so nap. 

About 4ish there was a knock on my door. Lets just say wishes do come true. It was Ms.Coe! She gave me a hug and sat down and we chatted for a while. It was so nice to get to see her again! I know her life is hectic right now and she is doing what she needs to do but to take time and come see me especially with my bday the day before meant more than I could possible say! We chatted about life and how much changes are happening. She has been there for me so much and I appreciate everything from the love and support to the advice and tough love! We chatted for a bit and then she left. I sat down and looked around. I didnt realize but tears of joy were running down my cheeks. I guess when people mean so much to you, you appreciate the little things in life. That day I realize with all the negative things in the world there is always going to be people there for you no matter what and that you should be there in return for them! 

So all in all this was the best birthday ever! Wishing on shooting stars works and that life is a highway but you should enjoy the ride! Will update you again soon! TTFN, Jen 

PS. Thank you for reading this! I hope that you realize that you are special to me! <3 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the flowers. It was the very least we could do. Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete